Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Trip To North Carolina
















So we spent Thanksgiving week in North Carolina. Not only did we get to visit with Jackie and her family (I FINALLY met baby Sommer...3months later!), but Dan's leave from training at Ft. Bragg was that same week! I love when things work out perfectly!!! :) The traveling went as smooth as it can with 2 small children. This was their first time on a plane...and though I think they did pretty good considering their ages, I am in NO hurry to travel again :) I know a lot of you can sympathize!

Anyway, as soon as we landed in Fayetteville we headed to Jackie's house to drop off the grandparents and then Jackie, the girls and I went to pick up Dan. He is looking great! It was just so nice to see his sweet smile. We picked him up in a parking lot and Brooklynn wanted to run into his arms, but due to the dangers around we couldn't allow it...so precious! So for the next 4 days we ate everything Dan wanted (he had lost some weight due to not eating...army food is not good...I have tried it, I know!!!). Red Lobster, Miyabi's (Japanese restaurant), Arby's, Tony Romos...just to name a few.

We hung out with our children We went to an arcade...Dan and I felt like kids again playing SkiBall and having waterspray races...yes I cheated by tickling him...I don't like to lose :). We even got time without our children (Jackie twisted my arm :)). We had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family (one of Dan's army buddies and his wife joined us as well).

The day after Thanksgiving we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese and were there literally 4 hours!! CRAZINESS!!! Everyone had a good time though. Later that day we had to take Dan back to the base. We have gotten really good at quick goodbyes. We gave hugs, kisses, said I love you and then parted ways. We are so proud of Dan and what he is willing to do for not only us but the rest of the country.
Now we are home not only missing Dan but we are missing Jackie and her beautiful family as well...didn't plan the whole saying goodbye to 2 people...it was rough. But we feel very loved and privileged to have had the time we did.

I know you are not going to believe this, BUT I have more blogs to follow!!! I am trying so hard! Love to all!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Susan please pass on to Dan how proud we are that he is will to serve our country. As you know since I worked for the Army for nearly six years I have seen many friends come and go. I am glad you had a great time in North Carolina. We all miss you.

Debi

Jackie said...

I am so glad you guys got to come out, I only wish you could have stayed FOREVER!!! I love you guys and Dan...You are amazing!!! You guys are in our thoughts and our prayers!!