Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Home improvements





Ok, I am a slacker I know! As I sit at home sick today I thought I should finally update this thing. So a lot has happened! I have a new job doing hygiene...FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!! Right now I work 3 days a week which allows me to be home with the girls some. The dentist I work for is so fun and all the girls in the office are FANTASTIC! Brooklynn and Kaylee are growing like weeds and I am trying to enjoy every minute of it. Brooklynn is doing a TON better with potty training (unless Dan is the only one home...for some reason she won't tell daddy, but she will tell everyone else) and Kaylee is so close to walking. I am not sure that I ready to chase 2 little monkeys around, but I guess I don't have much of a choice. Dan is trying to switch his job in the army. Right now he is a mechanic for duce and a halfs, humvies, etc., but he is thinking about becoming a generator mechanic. I really like this idea because as it sits now when Dan leaves for Afghanistan he will be on the recovery team (he has to go out and get the trucks that have either broken down or been blown up...not my choice of jobs). However, if he works with generators then he will sit safely on a base and not have to travel out. Obviously, I like job #2 :)


We are doing a lot of home improvements. It all started with the bathroom, now our guest room is complete (as you can see above). We bought a new kitchen rug which I LOVE and we have a new counter height table on the way!! Dan went out last night and got a new kitchen sink AND Dan and his dad are preparing our backyard for sod (I will get pictures!!!) It is so fun to change things to make this place our own (until the bills show up of course :))
I hope all is well for my family and friends. We miss you very much!!!
Love,
Susan


2 comments:

Jackie said...

yay for new posts!! I love hte pics of the guest room! I was going to bother you today to update your blog, but since you were sick I decided not too...what suprise to see you actually did update today!! I love you and miss you tons! Get better!! and try to REST!!

Karilynn said...

It looks awesome! Congrats on the new job and the potty training and heres hopin' that Dan gets his job switched. LOVE YOU!